Continued dementia care training is important for employees and for the clients they serve, nevertheless, meeting the requirements of the 2020 NH law could have been financially and operationally challenging for our member agencies. The Home Care, Hospice & Palliative Care Alliance, with partner affiliate member C&V Senior Care, developed dementia education as a free member benefit to help agency staff deliver the best care possible to clients and caregivers with Alzheimer’s or dementia-related disorders. In year two we will add four new best-practices trainings, one each quarter, as well as continue offering access to the first eight designed by C&V Senior Care.
This multi-part online Alzheimer’s education program offered recorded webinars that comply with the state’s adopted law on dementia training for direct care staff in residential facilities and community-based settings.
Year One By the Numbers
New Hampshire dementia care training law heads into year two!
- Section: 151:47 Definitions.
- Section: 151:48 Initial and Continuing Training in Dementia Required.
- Section: 151:49 Portability.
- Section: 151:50 Continuing Education.
- Section: 151:51 Requirements for Trainers; Training Costs.
- Section: 151:52 Departmental Oversight.